Converting Paper Marketable Treasury Securities to Electronic Form

Treasury bonds in registered form, a type of paper bond, can be converted to electronic form.

To convert these securities to TreasuryDirect:

  1. Open an account in TreasuryDirect, if you don't have one already.
  2. Complete the assignment on the back of each bond by writing in "To the Secretary of the Treasury for conversion and deposit into TreasuryDirect Account Number X-XXX-XXX-XXX." (Provide your account number.)
  3. Have all owners sign the bonds in the presence of a certifying individual of a financial institution. (Certification by a notary public isn't acceptable.)
  4. Submit your bonds to the appropriate address below:

  5. If by registered mail:

    Fiscal Service Warehouse & Operations Center Dock 1
    257 Bosley Industrial Park Drive
    Parkersburg, WV 26101

    If by regular postal delivery:

    Bureau of the Fiscal Service
    P.O. Box 426
    Parkersburg, WV 26106-0426

To convert registered Treasury bonds to the commercial book-entry system, consult a bank, broker, or dealer.